On a Gluten Free diet, or eating gluten free foods? If you think you are eating healthy simply because you are eating gluten free, THINK AGAIN!
“Often, gluten-free versions of traditional wheat-based foods are actually junk food – Dr. Peter Green, Director of Celiac disease Center, Columbia, NYC quoted in ‘Against the grain, should you go gluten free’ New Yorker article.
Yes, it’s true. Just because a product is labeled gluten free does not mean that it is wholesome and healthy for you. But that is exactly what most of us believe passionately. The harsh truth is that grocery store shelves are packed with ‘Gluten Free’ products that are loaded with starches, carbs, sugar, sodium, fat, and chemicals, additives, flavors. What’s more, many contain GMO ingredients too.
You need to eat a healthy gluten free diet; a gluten free label does not automatically make a product healthy!
As gluten free has gone mainstream in the past few years, the food industry has naturally gotten into the act of churning out more and more gluten free foods. And why wouldn’t they? The gluten free market has exploded into a multi-billion dollar industry, and consumers simply can’t seem to get enough of gluten free products. Demand for gluten free foods comes not only from people diagnosed with celiac disease, or folks with gluten sensitivity, but also people looking to lose weight, or feel more energetic, or get healthier. The underlying perception in the mind of most consumers is that “gluten free = healthy”. What’s more, certain gluten free brands have acquired such a haloed space in the mind of hungry consumers, that they are convinced that everything that brand makes is gloriously healthy. But we are here to shatter the myth that gluten free foods will lead you magically to a healthy life.
Don’t believe us? Let’s play a little game here
Let’s start, below we will first show you the image of a product that is gluten free; we ask you to mentally do a smell test of how healthy you think that product is, and if you would consume it. Following this first image, we will show you what FoodSniffr has found on doing our ‘sniff test’ on the product. Ready?
Smell test 1: This traditional series soup from Progresso is gluten free. So how healthy do you think it is? Would you consume it?
Hmm.. here’s what we have ‘sniffed’ about this product
Smell test 2: How about this gluten free Kids Mac and Cheese from Amys? Healthy?
And here’s what we have dug up on this product
Smell test 3: Here’s the last one: what do you think about these gluten free Glutino Premium bagels?
And this is what we found
What you don’t know CAN hurt you!
So as you can see, food in the modern world is quite complicated. Eating healthy can almost become a full-time exercise in constant vigilance. The food industry is more often watching out for the interest of their manufacturing process: how easy will it be to produce the food on scale, how easy and hardy will it be to transport over long distances, and then to store on grocery shelves for months, and of course the bottom line for them; in all of these considerations, you the consumer do not figure very highly, sad but true. So yes, you will have to watch out for your interests. And your ignorance can be quite harmful to your health, and the health of your family. But it need not be so hard. FoodSniffr is on a mission to dig deep into these gluten free foods to find the good, the bad, and the ugly for you. And we have created this handy grocery guide of 101 gluten free products – handpicked out of our growing database of thousands of foods – so that you have a ready list of good, clean gluten free foods to buy.
Why this book is a must-have if you want to eat healthier gluten free
This Gluten Free foods ebook contains:
- Detailed information on 101 food products including Snacks, Breakfast foods, Meals, Cooking & baking supplies, beverages, and desserts.
- Most of the foods in this super-practical guide are also vegetarian, vegan, and Non-GMO.
- The foods selected for this list are largely clean and wholesome. Where a food does have some unhealthy elements, e.g a dessert food with high sugar, we call it out, so that you can decide if and how much of it to consume.
- All the key information is provided for you in color-codes so that you quickly get a snapshot of the healthfulness of a product: for each food included, we use green text to denote the good stuff, orange text for the somewhat dubious stuff, and red for the ugly stuff. Rest assured, we have made every effort to bring you foods that are mostly green, and minimally orange and red.
- That’s not all. We know that many folks on a gluten free diet are also avoiding other stuff like corn or soy or dairy. Each product info will give you that information too: if it is soy-free or corn-free or dairy-free, and so on. You get the picture, right>? /li>
- Last but not least, this gluten free diet ebook comes to you in both epub and pdf formats. That means that you can carry it with you to the grocery store on your mobile phone or tablet, as well as read it at your leisure on your computer. Cool? /li>
Quit stressing over labels every waking minute
This gluten free foods shopping guide ebook gives you a quick, very very practical and usable way to eat gluten free and healthier every day. This means that you do not have to be stressing and super-vigilant every moment of every day (we do still urge you to quickly look up, on the actual package, the ingredients on unfamiliar or infrequently bought foods, since ingredients may change). FoodSniffr has done several levels of ‘sniffing’ for you already, so you can be more at peace, and spend time on other important things in your life.
Not convinced? Get a FREE sample of this gluten free foods guide now!
Don’t take our word for it. You can get a FREE sample of this gluten free foods ebook right here right now – just wait for the popup that appears on this page, and sign up to have the sample file delivered straight into your inbox. See for yourself all of the powerful information you will get with the full ebook. Check out the sample pages, and we are sure you will come back for the full buffet soon!
So what are you waiting for? Download this awesome gluten free diet grocery guide now!
Yes, this gluten free diet shopping guide can be yours now – simply click on the green Download button on this page and you are set on your way to healthier, Gluten free living. Go ahead, get it today!
And why not share the good stuff with your friends and family too. We are sure they would appreciate that.